2020 Data Analytics Summer Internship
Downtown Madison, WI
Do you have a passion for using quantitative skills to solve real world problems? Have you heard about how important data analytics is and would like to learn more? If so, great! We here at Education Analytics are looking for you!
Education Analytics (EA) is seeking energetic summer interns with a passion for improving the K-12 education experience. We believe in what we do and are looking for others who share that passion. EA is a non-profit organization based in Madison, WI, that uses data analysis to inform education to identify ways to improve education systems.
Many of EA’s partner organizations are large public-school districts that serve diverse, often under-represented, student populations. We encourage applications from students who reflect these populations and who can bring diverse perspectives that create positive impact on student success.
Interns will work closely with our staff who will help support the work you will be doing.
What you will learn and experience during your internship:
- How to understand and process real-world data
- How to code in the programming Language “R”
- How to build/implement statistical models
- An opportunity to pursue a personal project and present your work at the end of the internship
- An opportunity to participate in learning opportunities with senior staff at EA
- Studying a STEM related field or a strong background in STEM
- Some statistics classwork or exposure to statistics
- Some exposure to, or experience with a programming language preferred, not required
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree and entering junior or senior year preferred, not required
- Work within a team to complete various analysis projects and meet deadlines
- Write code in the programming language R (we will teach you if unfamiliar)
- Investigate data sources, understand data quality, process data according to agreed-upon rules
- Develop visualizations for less technical audiences
- Ad-hoc requests for reports, visualizations and research projects
This is a 10-week, paid internship. In addition to competitive compensation, EA offers a housing stipend.
Any candidates wishing to be eligible should submit their applications by Friday, February 14th. Please feel free to reach out to us with any additional questions.
To apply please click here
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.