Data Strategist / Senior Data Strategist
Education Analytics (EA) is a non-profit organization that uses rigorous data analysis to inform education research, management, and policy decisions. Our staff is a group of highly motivated, energetic, passionate individuals who work with school districts, states, and foundation partners across the U.S. to identify innovative ways to improve education systems through the use of data and analytics. We are seeking an energetic and curious data Strategist / Senior Data Strategist with school district or state education agency experience to join a team of eight, focused on ensuring project success for our partners and for EA as an organization. The Data Strategist team at EA interfaces with everyone involved in each project, particularly with project partners, leadership, analysts, and researchers. The position requires a mix of analytic, communication, and project management skills to meet the challenges of using data and analysis in the complex environment of schools and districts.
Specific Senior Data Strategist responsibilities include:
Partner Management (60-70%)
- Collaboratively identify partner needs, potential roadblocks and possible solutions with respect to data analysis, reporting and use;
- Participate in conversations with partners, researchers, analysts, and leadership about research, data use and reporting to drive change in districts and states;
- Identify opportunities for EA to better serve our partners through innovation, efficiencies, and connections across various projects currently at the organization, and communicate them effectively to EA leadership...
Project Management (30 - 40%)
- Facilitate internal and external meetings to drive work forward
- Ensure project documentation is organized and thorough to foster organizational learning at EA as well as with partners
- Manage the project timeline and deliverables using EA’s project management tools and processes, with support from team members...
Orientation to the Work
- An innovative mindset looking to push the boundaries of what is possible in education data use to support P-12 education
- Willingness to continue to learn every day at work, to admit mistakes, and step outside of your comfort zone
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues as they arise, including weighing competing options and acknowledging the importance of context...
Skills and Experience
- Senior Data Strategist: 5+ years of experience managing projects in an education research organization or working for a state agency or school district in a managerial or leadership role
- Data Strategist: 2 – 3 years experience as an analyst or project manager in an education or public sector setting
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred...
To learn more and apply to this position, click here