Education Analytics strives to deliver sophisticated, research-informed analytics to educators and school administrators so they can use information to support their work in improving student outcomes. To support them best, the data they receive must be accurate, up to date, secure, and easily accessible. The person in this role will be a critical team member who helps to make that a reality.
We are seeking a full-time Data Engineer to lead the design, build, and maintenance of automated data pipelines and analytic systems. An ideal candidate has strong Python skills, familiarity with SQL and data warehousing concepts, experience with complex data integration and/or analysis, and an interest in improving K-12 education.
This role supports the timely delivery of data and analytics to educators and administrators who use this data to drive change and improvement in education. We are looking for candidates who are innovative, hard-working, and curious to help us continue to develop our team's capacity in the development and use of cutting-edge data engineering tools.
This position is able to work from home/remotely.
- Design and implement complex ETL pipelines to integrate data coming from a mix of flat files, APIs, or other database sources
- Contribute to the design and implementation of data warehousing structures for research, analytics, and reporting/dashboarding
- Help implement code testing, continuous integration, and deployment strategies to ensure system reliability
- Develop and improve internal tools and systems to efficiently deliver high-quality, actionable metrics
- Work collaboratively within a team of analysts, school system leaders, and other engineers to create analytics solutions that are scalable, easy to maintain, and support high quality research
- Explore and apply new cutting-edge tools to drive innovation across a variety of projects
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining modern ETL pipelines with a clean code-base
- Experience architecting data warehouse and data lake structures that are intuitive and performant
- Fluency in Python and SQL, experience with Linux.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices, particularly in team-based development using Git
- Ability to be proactive in identifying and defending against potential data quality & processing issues
- Familiarity with AWS tooling and best practices
- Experience with Apache Airflow, or other modern data pipeline systems
- Experience with Postgres, Snowflake, Docker, DBT
- Desire to work with cutting edge tools in a fast-paced environment
The weekly hour expectation is 45 hours per week at EA's office in Madison, WI. Additional nights and weekends are sometimes required.
About us: Education Analytics is a non-profit organization that uses data analysis to inform education policy decisions. We work with school districts, regional offices of education, non-profits, and policymakers to identify ways to make education systems better.
· Competitive salary
· Annual merit bonuses
· Paid holidays and one month of paid vacation per year
· Generous 401k and health benefits
· Free Madison Metro transit pass or subsidized office parking
· Casual office environment
· Location right in the heart of downtown Madison, WI
This position will be open for applications until July 3rd, 2020. Apply here.
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.