Data Strategist / Senior Data Strategist
The Data Strategist/Senior Data Strategist position will provide consistently high-quality work and innovation to Education Analytics (EA), focused on ensuring project success for our partners and for EA as an organization. The Data Strategist role at EA interfaces with everyone involved in each project, particularly with project partners, leadership, analysts, and researchers. The position requires a mix of analytic, communication, and project management skills to meet the challenges of using data and analysis in the complex environment of schools and districts.
Remote candidates will be considered for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Partner Management (50%)
- Collaboratively identify partner needs, potential roadblocks and possible solutions with respect to data analysis, reporting and use;
- Identify opportunities for EA to better serve our partners through innovation, efficiencies, and connections across various projects currently at EA
- Serve as the intermediary between analysts, researchers, and partners to ensure timelines & expectations are met
- Facilitate internal and external meetings to drive work forward through in-person meetings, phone calls and video conference.
- Ensure project documentation is organized and thorough to foster organizational learning at EA as well as with the partner
- Manage the project timeline and deliverables using EA’s project management tools and processes
- Support and innovate on internal systems and process development on the Data Strategy team, as well as other EA teams
- Co-create written documentation with EA researchers and leadership, such as policy memos, reports, and presentations, that will be shared externally with partners
Project Management (30 - 40%)
Business Development (5-10%)
- Identify new partnerships, or find ways to deepen existing partnerships as needs arise
- Support the proposal creation and submission process for possible grant/RFP opportunities
Other duties as Assigned
Orientation to the Work
- An innovative mindset looking to push the boundaries of what is possible in education data use to support P-12 education
- Willingness to continue to learn every day at work and to admit mistakes and step outside of your comfort zone
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues as they arise, including weighing competing options and acknowledging the importance of context
- Comfortable with both taking initiative and sharing responsibility in a team-based, collaborative environment at a fast-paced, fast-growing nonprofit
- Customer-service and entrepreneurial orientation to working with partners in a way that ensures EA exceeds expectations
- Familiarity with data analysis techniques used in education policy analysis AND/OR knowledge of data infrastructure or statistical methods
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects through to successful completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; presentation and/or meeting facilitation skills a plus
- Strong problem-solving and systems-thinking skills
- Ability to create and foster internal and external relationships
- 3-5 years for Data Strategist / 5+ years of experience for Senior Data Strategist in managing projects in an education research organization or working for a state agency or school district in an administrative role
- Master’s degree preferred, or Bachelor’s degree considered equivalent experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to handle numerous time-sensitive tasks concurrently and adapt to a fast-paced environment
Education and Experience
- Up to 10% of time spent traveling
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you're interested, please apply here.