Education Analytics is a non-profit organization that uses data analysis to inform education policy decisions. We work with school districts, regional offices of education, non-profits, and policymakers to identify ways that make education systems better.
We are seeking a full-time Database Developer to lead the design and implementation of analytic data warehouses to support education research and work to improve education outcomes. An ideal candidate has strong experience in data warehousing and database security, as well as an interest in education policy.
- Work with Analysts, Data Engineers, Web Developers, and IT staff to create performant data warehouses for use in analytics and dashboarding
- Collaboratively design data warehousing models to support research and continuous improvement in the Education space
- Recommend improvements to existing systems based on user needs and best practices
- Manage deployment of database servers and code, both on-premises and in the cloud
- Maintain and provision test and development environments, and manage code migration to production servers
- Support query optimization and performance tuning
Skills and Experience
- Associate Degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience
- 2-5 years of experience with complex database environments
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Git, and deployment strategies from development to production
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Ability to work independently and on teams in a fast-paced environment
To learn more and apply to this position, click here