Junior IT Systems Administrator
The Junior IT Systems Administrator will be responsible for implementing and maintaining hardware and software solutions for our organization. The position will perform tasks required to support the functioning of desktop and server equipment, software deployment, and user experience. The position will also be responsible to provide technical helpdesk support for users. The position will work with the team to constantly experiment with new technologies that can improve our work, whether that be the latest in telepresence technology, remote collaboration software, or the fastest parallel compute cluster we can build with our budget.
· Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support under the IT Manager’s direction.
· Assist with user, software, hardware and connectivity support as both a backup and as an escalation point to the primary Helpdesk Admins.
· Windows and Linux Server implementation and management in a both physical and virtualized environments.
· Manage Windows Active Directory Domain Services and related servers, including Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, Certificate Services, DNS, NPS, LDAP.
· Administer Azure AD and Office 365 services including, Exchange, SharePoint.
· Proactively monitor workstations and servers for performance, security and reliability.
· Support regular backup operations, disaster recovery and failover procedures.
· Physical installations of various networking, computing, and conferencing hardware.
· Apply security and bug related hot-fixes, update systems to maintain a secure environment.
· Follow established and documented standards and procedures.
· Maintain detailed documentation for hardware and software deployments.
· Train users on systems, applications, security and IT related processes.
· Research and make recommendations to implement technology solutions for hardware and software enhancements that will support the growth of the organization.
· Work with outside vendors to procure technologies and maintain licensing oversight.
· Very occasional afterhours maintenance and support.
Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Networking, or related field
· 1+ years of experience in the field with Windows and Linux server environments
· 1+ years of experience in an end-user support role
· Strong customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment
· Proven and sharp technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities with ability to understand the problem at hand and effectively find/use resources to solve problems quickly
· Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
· Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
If interested, please apply here.
This position is expected to eventually work out of our office in Madison, WI. However, due to the current climate we do not expect this to happen right away and are open to remote work for the time being.
This position will be open until October 2nd. We will begin reaching out to candidates with updates starting the week of October 5th.
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.