Part-time Research Analyst
Education Analytics (EA) is seeking energetic part-time analysts for our data and analytics team. EA is a non-profit organization based in Madison, WI that uses data analysis to inform education policy decisions. We partner with school districts, regional offices of education, non-profits, and policymakers to identify ways to improve education systems.
Many of EA’s partner organizations are large public school districts that serve diverse, often under-represented, student populations. Because of this, EA values a breadth of educational experiences in employees, and is encouraging applications from students who reflect these populations. We encourage students from all ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities, and those who are first-generation college students to apply for this position.
Part-time analysts will work closely with our full-time analyst staff to support work including processing raw data and building/implementing statistical models. They will have an opportunity to build programming, statistical, and technical communication skills. We provide thorough training in R programming and data conventions, so prior coding experience is helpful but not required - we are most interested in candidates with a desire to learn and make an impact on public education using data analysis.
The expected work schedule is part-time (10-20 hours per week) during the school year.
· Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree and entering junior or senior year preferred
· Studying Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field preferred but not required
· Some statistics coursework or exposure to statistics
· Some exposure to or interest in programming
· Experience with R or other statistical software preferred but not required
· Work within a team to complete various analysis projects and meet deadlines
· Write code in the programming language R
· Investigate data sources, understand data quality, and process data according to agreed-upon rules
· Support implementation of various statistical models
· Ad-hoc requests for reports, visualizations and research projects
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.