Research Analyst Internship (L10010)
Education Analytics (EA) is seeking energetic summer interns for our data and analytics team. EA is a non-profit organization based in Madison, WI, that uses data analysis to inform education policy decisions. We partner with school districts, regional offices of education, non-profits, and policymakers to identify ways to improve education systems.
Many of EA’s partner organizations are large public school districts that serve diverse, often under-represented, student populations. Because of this, EA values a breadth of educational experiences in employees, and is encouraging applications from students who reflect these populations. We encourage students from all ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities, and those who are first-generation college students to apply for this position.
Interns will work closely with our full-time analyst staff to support work including understanding and processing raw data and building/implementing statistical models. They will have an opportunity to build programming, statistical, and technical communication skills in a passionate and collaborative environment.
- Studying Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field preferred
- Some statistics classwork or exposure to statistics
- Some exposure to, or experience with a programming language preferred
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree and entering junior or senior year preferred
- Work within a team to complete various analysis projects and meet deadlines
- Write code in the programming language R
- Investigate data sources, understand data quality, and process data according to agreed-upon rules
- Develop visualizations for less technical audiences
To learn more and apply to this position, click here