Senior Data Strategist
Education Analytics (EA) is a non-profit organization that uses rigorous data analysis to inform education research, management, and policy decisions. Our staff is a group of highly motivated, energetic, passionate individuals who work with school districts, states, and foundation partners across the U.S. to identify innovative ways to improve education systems through the use of data and analytics. We are seeking an energetic and curious Senior Data Strategist with school district or state education agency experience to join a team of eight, focused on ensuring project success for our partners and for EA as an organization.
The Data Strategist team at EA interfaces with everyone involved in each project, particularly with project partners, leadership, analysts, and researchers. The position requires a mix of analytic, communication, and project management skills to meet the challenges of using data and analysis in the complex environment of schools and districts.
Specific Senior Data Strategist responsibilities include:
Partner Management (50%)
- Collaboratively identify partner needs, potential roadblocks and possible solutions with respect to data analysis, reporting and use
- Identify opportunities for EA to better serve our partners through innovation, efficiencies, and connections across various projects currently at the organization and communicate them effectively to EA leadership
- Serve as the intermediary between analysts, researchers, leadership, and partners to ensure timelines & expectations are met ...
Orientation to the Work
- An innovative mindset looking to push the boundaries of what is possible in education data use to support P-12 education
- Willingness to continue to learn every day at work, to admit mistakes and step outside of your comfort zone
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues as they arise, including weighing competing options and acknowledging the importance of context ...
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience managing projects in an education research organization or working for a state agency or school district in a managerial or leadership role
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred
- Familiarity with data analysis techniques used in education policy analysis AND/OR knowledge of analytic reporting and product development ...
To learn more and apply to this position, click here