Web Development Intern
Do you have a passion for web development? Do you want to acquire web development skills as well as knowledge of real-world production environments and their application in everyday education policy decisions? Are you interested in getting hands on experience aiding in the implementation of full stack web applications, including frontend/backend technologies as well as server architecture and API implementation? If so, Education Analytics is looking for you!
Education Analytics (EA) is seeking energetic summer interns with a passion for improving the K-12 education experience for our web development team. EA is a non-profit organization based in Madison, WI. We partner with school districts, regional offices of education, non-profits, and policymakers to identify ways to improve education systems.
Many of EA’s partner organizations are large public-school districts that serve diverse, often under-represented student populations, and EA values the breadth of educational experiences in employees that reflect these populations. We encourage students from all ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities, and those who are first-generation college students to apply for this position.
What you will learn and do
· Get hands on experience aiding in the implementation of full stack web applications
· Get hands on experience in frontend/backend technologies, server architecture, and API implementation
· Pursue and present a personal project at the end of the internship
· Currently pursuing some level of post-secondary education in Computer Science or a related field
· Some exposure to, or experience with a programming language preferred
· Interest in data visualizations
· Work within a team to complete various development projects and meet deadlines
· Develop visualizations for less technical audiences using D3.js
· Ad-hoc requests for reports and visualizations
Our Tech Stack:
This is a ten-week, paid internship. In addition to competitive compensation, EA will support relocation to Madison, WI, and a housing stipend for students moving to Madison for the summer.
Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply please click here.